4.07.2008

BeAuTiFul

So I decided to see if I had an undiscovered baking/cake decorating talent and make Emma's first birthday cake! The theme was cupcakes and I found this adorable giant cupcake cake pan at Michael's. So I bought it and then headed home for a practice run! It all seemed pretty easy but it definitely didn't turn out the way I had imagined! So I set it on the counter and thought to myself, "Maybe I will just order a cake!":( Then my little Dylan walked into the kitchen, took one look at my disaster, I mean cake, and in the most sincere voice said,"Awww...Mommy it is beautiful!". Instantly my heart melted and my eyes began to tear up. I bent down gave him a big hug and told him how much I just love him! I had never heard him use the word beautiful before. I wouldn't have been surprised if he said my cake was awesome, since that is the word he uses most to describe anything he likes! But no, he said it was beautiful! It was just the encouragement I needed to want to try again! It is amazing how a small child can uplift you! It is little moments like this that make feel so grateful to be a mommy! I don't know what I would do without my silly little man!


4 comments:

The Elmers said...

How sweet is he?!!! He is so handsome (Kammy is one lucky girl ;) haha! And your cupcake cake turned out "awesome" and beautiful!! Luv you so much!!

..Kris Naven.. said...

That is so cute! Isn't amazing sometimes how they can just take your breath away and say the sweetest (or funniest) things! That is adorable! I cherish moments like that! Hope you are doing well, and Happy Birthday to Emma! Ttyl!

Love Always,
Kris

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is seriously the cutest thing I have ever heard!!!! What a little sweetheart!! You should post a picture of the beautiful cupcake :)

Angela Draper said...

What a sweetheart Dylan is! And I'm glad you tried again at the giant cupcake because it turned out adorable.