8.14.2008

Our Worst Nightmare!

Ok, so maybe it isn't our absolute worst nightmare but it is sure up there towards the top of the list. Our sweet innocent baby girl (yeah right) has mastered climbing out of her crib! She isn't even a year and a half yet? I am pretty sure this isn't supposed to be happening. What happened was I put Emma down for her nap and she slept the usual 2 to 3 hours, so I decided to go and get her out of her crib and to my astonishment she had already done so herself! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Dylan was highly impressed as he praised Emma telling her,"Emma you are so smart!" and then he looks at me and says, "Mommy Emma is such a smart girl...like me!". I then asked him, "So you're a girl now huh?". His reply, "No, I am not a girl! I am a boy and I am awesome!". After we got that all cleared up I called Dave to tell him what we were in for and he asked me, "Well are you sure you even put her in the crib in the first place?". Wow! He must really think I am crazy! Of course I put her in her crib for her nap! So we go about the rest of our day and nap #2 rolls around. I put Emma in her crib, shut the door and go down stairs to watch TV with Dylan. And after about a half hour I hear drawers slamming shut, squeals of delight, and little feet stomping. Sure enough she did it again! But this time she managed to destroy her whole room, emptying every drawer. I am not sure how to deal with this one. Dylan never once tried to climb out of his crib and he was a little over two years old when we switched him to a big boy bed. I guess the only positive thing I can think of from all of this is...at least she can't open the door...yet!


Photobucket

WARNING: Do not be fooled by this innocent face! She is just planning her next move!!!

5 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HA HA That is so funny! (This coming from the person who doesn't have kids yet... so you have FULL permission to laugh at me when my kids are doing the same thing)

A little angel... or is she.... *DUN DUN DUN*

Just kidding :)

How awesome is that! Dylan! KEEP UP YOUR HIGH OPINION OF YOURSELF! :)

The Elmers said...

Oh she is so frickin adorable Megan!!! I remember when Kammy started doing that...ughhhhhhhhh....anyways, hopefully she doesn't figure the door out for awhile.

The Mortimer's said...

I don't know what you are talking about but Em is an angel! ha ha! And Dylan is a boy and is so awesome! I just love them!

Angela Draper said...

Awww a girl like my own little Ellie. Ellie was also climbing out of her crib early on. Then she started scooting it across the floor to climb on top of the railing and get things off of her tall dresser and then to try to open the door. At that point I decided it was time for a toddler bed. Once she could open the door, I put a child lock on the knob (actually still have one on there) and she would just play until she got tired enough. Good luck with that little girl!

The Elmers said...

Happy Birthday Hot Mama!!! I can't wait for dinner...mmmmm!!! Luv ya!